Adobe InDesign is the go-to software for anyone looking to create beautiful magazines, newsletters, reports, and other publications.
This basic course is suitable for complete beginners and does not require any previous design experience. It is particularly popular with marketing and communications teams as well as freelancers and those working in the publishing industry.
With 10 hours (5 sessions x 2 hours) of instruction, the course concentrates on building a document layout from scratch, explores more advanced layouts and typographical controls, and teaches you to work with layers and creating multipage documents.
- Getting started in Illustrator
- The InDesign interface
- Working with text
- Formatting copy
- Working with styles
- Working with graphics
- Layout controls
- Understanding color
- Laying out pages accurately
- Multi-page documents
- Working with transparency
- Transforming objects
- Finessing text content
- Working with Master Pages
- Combining text and graphics
- Exporting and printing
The course is designed to give you in-depth knowledge of Adobe InDesign and the confidence to create beautiful and effective page layouts. Upon completion, you will be able to progress to the InDesign Intermediate Level Course.
* All materials (laptops, notepads, & pens) are provided for use in the class. Students may bring their own laptops if they wish
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
16 and older
* Certificate of Completion accredited by ACTVET will be provided
Offices # 101 & # 102, 1st Floor
Landmark Plaza Building, Next to Al Salama Hospital
Hamdan Bin Mohammed Street