This hands-on, practice-intensive course is designed to let students acquire the knowledge needed to accelerate the design process through the various creation tools in AutoCAD.
It covers the core topics required to become proficient in their choice of one of the following software -
- AutoCAD MEP
- With specific tools for creating and manipulating geometry, automatically acquiring bills of materials, generating mechanical components, and performing design calculations, the AutoCAD Mechanical software offers significant productivity gains that the student learns to maximize.
- AutoCAD Electrical
- Students create schematic drawings (ladder logic and point to point), panel drawings, and PLC-I/O circuits using automated commands for symbol insertion, component tagging, wire numbering, and drawing modification.
- Students are introduced to methods of customizing AutoCAD Electrical symbols, circuits, and databases.
- Title block linking, reporting tools, templates, and project files.
- AutoCAD Mechanical
- Intuitive systems and design tools provide greater drafting productivity with the flexibility to make last-minute design changes more quickly and easily.
- Automation of tedious drafting tasks, enabling designers and drafters to create more accurate construction documentation, faster.
- Sharing, collaborating, and coordinating with architects, structural engineers, and contractors is easier using the software’s widely used authentic, reliable DWG™ technology.
The course consists of 15 sessions of 2 hours each, so you will be able to cover all the required essentials of your chosen topic.
While this course is designed for students that are new to the AutoCAD MEP, Mechanical or Electrical platforms, it requires some knowledge of the chosen topic as well as the basic AutoCAD 2D software.
- Basic understanding of mechanical drafting or electrical terminology, depending on the chosen topic
- Working knowledge of the basic AutoCAD software
* All materials (laptops, notepads, & pens) are provided for use in the class. Students may bring their own laptops if they wish
All sessions are valid for 5 months upon booking
16 and older
* Certificate of Completion accredited by ACTVET will be provided
* Basic knowledge of AutoCAD and mechanical or electrical (depending on your choice) terminology is required
Offices # 101 & # 102, 1st Floor
Landmark Plaza Building, Next to Al Salama Hospital
Hamdan Bin Mohammed Street