For all amateur and aspiring pro fashion designers, here's the perfect sewing and pattern making course to get started!
In this private ladies-only course, you will be introduced to the world of fashion design with some fundamental skills to develop and refine- pattern making and sewing. This class is designed for all levels so it is perfect to learn from scratch or get a refresher on your techniques. You'll learn how to successfully thread a machine and all the way to building your skills through a whole variety of sewing projects. By the end of the course, you will have made your first steps into dressmaking and completed a few pieces of your own!
The class runs for 1.5 hours per session and it will take a total of 11 sessions to complete all course material
- Measurements: How to correctly take measurements and using it for your patterns (1 session)
- Pattern Making: Get an overview of how to design your outfit based on these generic designs or pattern blocks of womenswear
- Basic Bodice (1 Session)
- Basic Knee-length Skirt (1 Session)
- Basic Full Sleeve (1 Session)
- Drafting your Design: Drawing your design on paper using measurements obtained (2 Sessions)
- Basic Sewing: Learn how to sew your pieces together (1 Session)
- Fabric Manipulation: cutting and assembling fabric (1 Session)
- Create an Outfit on muslin (1 Session)
- Create your own Outfit (2 Sessions)
About the Instructor: Bouchra Lakehal is a fashion designer for ready-made garments, abaya, and contemporary Moroccan Caftan. She has a technical diploma as a technician fashion designer from the Institute of Applied Technology of Readymade Garments in Morocco, which bases its courses on that of the French Higher Institute of Fashion (ESMOD).
- Students should bring their own sewing kit, containing: a 60-cm ruler, scissors, pencil & eraser; measurement tape; french curve ruler, 1 tracing wheel, and tracing paper
- The instructor will advise you on the type & length of fabrics to use and where to buy them
- You can bring your own sewing machine or use the instructor's Brother GS2700 Sewing Machine during the class
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
18 and older
At Instructor's Home Studio:
Al Aryam Tower, Block C,
Al Mina Road