Do you have a special taste that the store-bought garments cannot satisfy? Or maybe you wish to take the first steps to start your own fashion line? In only 3-sessions with professional fashion designer Bouchra, you will master the art of creating your own stylish pants that perfectly fit?
This DIY pants-making class (3 sessions x 1.5 hours) will teach you how to make custom-fit pants so you can say goodbye to your fitting woes. In this private class, you will learn how to take accurate measurements, create sewing patterns, and finally cut and sew different styles of pants.
Your instructor and professional fashion designer, Bouchra, will give hands-on instruction and tips to ensure that you create the best apparel that you can proudly wear anywhere.
Pre-requisite: Students must have basic sewing machine skills
Key learnings per session:
- Session 1: How to take measurements; classic pants with open dart
- Session 2: Jeans without darts
- Session 3: Large pants
About the instructor: Bouchra Lakehal is a fashion designer for ready-made garments, abaya, and contemporary Moroccan Caftan. She has a technical diploma as a technician fashion designer from the Institute of Applied Technology of Readymade Garments in Morocco, which bases its courses on that of the French Higher Institute of Fashion (ESMOD).
Beginner & Intermediate
- Students should bring their own sewing kit, containing: a 60-cm ruler, scissors, pencil & eraser; measurement tape; french curve ruler, 1 tracing wheel, and tracing paper
- The instructor will advise you on the type & length of fabrics to use and where to buy them
- You can bring your own sewing machine or use the instructor's Brother GS2700 Sewing Machine during the class
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
16 and older
- Pre-requisite: Students must have basic sewing machine skills
At Instructor's Home Studio:
Al Aryam Tower, Block C,
Al Mina Road