Accentuate your waist and highlight your décolletage with a good old fashion corset! Corsets are no longer a thing of the past, they're back in fashion, and here's a class where you can learn to make your own!
This DIY corset-making class (5 sessions x 1.5 hours) is perfect for ladies interested in creating fashionable and chic custom-made apparel that suits their style preferences. In this private class, you will know how to take the needed measurements, create and cut patterns, and finally do specific sewing and design techniques to create a basic corset.
Key learnings per session:
Session 1: Recap on how to make the basic bodice.
Session 2: Learn how to make the straight line corset
Session 3: Learn how to make the sweetheart corset
Session 4: Learn how to make the cupped corset
Session 5: Learn how to sew corset using boning stick
About the instructor: Bouchra Lakehal is a fashion designer for ready-made garments, abaya, and contemporary Moroccan Caftan. She has a technical diploma as a technician fashion designer from the Institute of Applied Technology of Readymade Garments in Morocco, which bases its courses on that of the French Higher Institute of Fashion (ESMOD).
Pre-requisite: Students must know how to make a bodice before attending this class. If you aren't experienced in bodice-making, check out Make Your Own Bodice with Bouchra
- Students should bring their own sewing kit, containing: a 60-cm ruler, scissors, pencil & eraser; measurement tape; french curve ruler, 1 tracing wheel, and tracing paper
- The instructor will advise you on the type & length of fabrics to use and where to buy them
- You can bring your own sewing machine or use the instructor's Brother GS2700 Sewing Machine during the class
All sessions are valid for 45 days upon booking
18 and older
- Students must have basic sewing machine skills
- Students must know how to make a bodice before attending this class
At Instructor's Home Studio:
Al Aryam Tower, Block C, Flat #2910
Al Mina Road