Learn how to 'draw' with a thread & needle and start adding a creative decorative touch to your garments or upholstery!
This private intro to embroidery class (5 sessions x 1.5 hours) is designed to help beginners learn this fashion/textile design technique. It will familiarize you with embroidery tools, teaching you how to draft your designs on fabric, and practice various stitches to complete your unique creations.
Your instructor and professional fashion designer, Bouchra, will give hands-on instruction, teaching you how to avoid common mistakes in embroidery and make sure your final designs are neat and attractive.
Key Learnings per session:
- Session 1: How to use embroidery tools and how to draw designs for your embroidery
- Session 2: How to copy your drawings on fabric and how to start working on your embroidery
- Session 3: How to create different stitches
- Session 4: How to work on complete designs in different shapes (Part 1)
- Session 5: How to work on complete designs (Part 2)
About the instructor: Bouchra Lakehal is a fashion designer for ready-made garments, abaya, and contemporary Moroccan Caftan. She has a technical diploma as a technician fashion designer from the Institute of Applied Technology of Readymade Garments in Morocco, which bases its courses on that of the French Higher Institute of Fashion (ESMOD).
- Students should bring their own embroidery kit, containing: embroidery hoop frame, mini scissors, embroidery colored threads, and sewing needle (number 5 or 6)
- The instructor will advise you on the Kit, type & length of fabrics to use and where to buy them
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
18 and older
At Instructor's Home Studio:
Al Aryam Tower, Block C,
Al Mina Road