Give your clothing a different glam and sparkle with intricate beadwork! Join this private bead embroidery class for beginners (5 sessions x 1.5 hours) and learn how to add embellishments on fabric one-by-one or through various embroidery stitches. You will create florals and leaves designs with bugle beads or sequins, and learn how to layer them neatly for added texture and dimension.
Your instructor and professional fashion designer, Bouchra, will give you hands-on instruction and tips to create precise and well-designed beadwork along with numerous design ideas and inspirations that you can apply in future projects. Previous knowledge of basic embroidery is not required.
Key learnings per session:
- Session 1: How to use bead embroidery tools and how to draw designs for your embroidery
- Session 2: How to copy your drawings on fabric and how to start working on your bead embroidery
- Session 3: How to work on different stitches used in bead embroidery
- Session 4: How to work on complete designs in different shapes (Part 1)
- Session 5: How to work on complete designs (Part 2)
About the instructor: Bouchra Lakehal is a fashion designer for ready-made garments, abaya, and contemporary Moroccan Caftan. She has a technical diploma as a technician fashion designer from the Institute of Applied Technology of Readymade Garments in Morocco, which bases its courses on that of the French Higher Institute of Fashion (ESMOD).
- Students should bring their own bead embroidery kit, containing: embroidery hoop frame, sewing thread, sewing needle (number 11 or 12), mini scissors, beads for embroidery (different colors, shapes and sizes)
- The instructor will advise you on the kit, type & length of fabrics to use and where to buy them
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
18 and older
At Instructor's Home Studio:
Al Aryam Tower, Block C, Flat #2910
Al Mina Road