This 12-hour (6 sessions x 2 hours) group sewing workshop offers the complete sewing guide for beginners who wish to learn how to use a sewing machine. Whether your favorite outfit has a small hole or if you want to give your old jacket a new look, this class will teach you how to mend, add decorations and alter store-bought clothes using a sewing machine. With personalized instruction, you will learn in a small group (group size varies from 1-5 people) along with like-minded beginners.
As the old saying goes, learning to stitch in time will definitely save nine!
What you will learn:
- Learn sewing machine threading, needle changing, and basic maintenance
- Learn how to use a sewing machine for various functionality stitches.
- Learn to alter ready-made garments with various types of seamline and hemline based on fabric texture and garments styling
- Learn to decorate DIY on ready-made garments with gathers, ruffles, elastics, darts, pleats, and buttonhole
- Learn to attach zippers, waistband and create pockets
* Sewing machine will be provided, but you can also bring your own machine if you’d like to learn to use it
* All materials except fabric are provided. The Instructor will guide you on buying your own fabrics and suggest stores to find them
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
16 and older
* The class is available in English & Russian
This class is given at the instructors home at:
Centro Courtyard 3
(villa # will be shared upon booking)