This 12-hour (6 sessions x 2 hours) group sewing workshop offers the complete sewing guide for beginners who wish to learn how to use a sewing machine. Whether your favorite outfit has a small hole or if you want to give your old jacket a new look, this class will teach you how to mend, add decorations and alter store-bought clothes using a sewing machine. With personalized instruction, you will learn in a small group along with like-minded beginners.
As the old saying goes, learning to stitch in time will definitely save nine!
What you will learn:
- Learn sewing machine threading, needle changing, and basic maintenance
- Learn how to use a sewing machine for various functionality stitches.
- Learn to alter ready-made garments with various types of seamline and hemline based on fabric texture and garments styling
- Learn to decorate DIY on ready-made garments with gathers, ruffles, elastics, darts, pleats, and buttonhole
- Learn to attach zippers, waistband and create pockets
* Sewing machine will be provided, but you can also bring your own machine if you’d like to learn to use it
* All materials except fabric are provided. The Instructor will guide you on buying your own fabrics and suggest stores to find them
All sessions are valid for 5 months upon booking
16 and older
* The class is available in English & Russian
This class is given at the instructors home at:
Centro Courtyard 3
(villa # will be shared upon booking)