The oud is one of the most versatile and beloved instruments in Western Asian and North African culture. This amazing piece of musical equipment has the ability to transform a boring gathering with friends into an entertaining night full of singing. You could be the one who causes all the joy after you take this hands-on oud course to help you learn the basics.
You will learn the following, but you can also rebook anytime again for extended practice and learning.
You will learn:
- How to hold Oud properly including the right posturing for correct sound production
- To use different plectrums (risha, mizrap) for strumming patterns
- How to play basic Arabic scales (major and minor scales)
- Improvisations and phrasing exercises
- Rhythmic patterns
- How to play melodies
Book today and learn your favorite instrument in no time.
* The Instructor will provide the instrument for the first session only. Following this, students need to purchase their own instrument. Purchase recommendations can be given by the instructor
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
12 and older
At Your Premise
At select locations in