Heading to the beach and dipping into the sea can be relaxing after a busy day or week. But while you may enjoy being softly flung around by the waves, your safety comes first. If you would like to learn how to swim safely in the open waters, this class is for you.
In this 1-hour private class, your instructor will cover various open water topics and techniques with you to ensure you're moving safely in the sea. The class will be customized according to your level and goals. Due to the complexity of the natural waters, it is ideal for students to have basic knowledge of swimming prior to this class.
You will cover the following topics:
- Open water breathing techniques
- Long-distance swimming to develop your endurance
- High flotation; the seawater gives a high level of buoyancy when swimming
- Floating flat effortlessly for recovery
- Using your back to the waves
- Tackling the swell and currents, while retaining a smooth and regular stroke
- Adapting your swimming technique to the environment
- Finding your most comfortable swimming rhythm
You can book 1, 5, or 10 sessions (1 hour each) and can also rebook the class depending on how much practice you need.
Melvis is a swimming instructor, with nearly a decade of experience. She is from Cameroon and can teach in both English and French. Melvis has certifications in first aid, CPR, lifeguard, Early Childhood Education, and is an ASCA level 1, 2, and 3 Certified Coach.
Intermediate & Advanced
- Students are required to bring their own goggles, swimming cap, swimsuit & kickboard
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
13 and older
- The student must have basic swimming skills
- The instructor speaks English and French
- These sessions can be booked for additional participants at a discounted price. The participants must be at the same level to enroll in the same class