If you’ve got a closet full of clothing that doesn’t fit or is unflattering, you don’t have to dump it all at the thrift store drop-off. There’s another solution: just upcycle it! Your old clothing is actually like having an extra stash of fabric, ready to be sewn. There are hundreds of ways to upcycle your old clothes into home decor or accessories.
Here are some of our upcycling project recommendations for you. But don't limit your ideas! The list is endless and if you have a specific idea in mind, your instructor can guide you accordingly.
- Make a shopping bag out of jeans or t-shirts
- Makeup pouch, scarf, napkins, table mats
- Slippers, oven gloves
- Beanbag or Ottoman
- Pillows for the couch with shirts, skirts or jeans
- Blankets, aprons, baskets
This 1-hour private class is a great opportunity to learn a fun “green skill” & contribute to the eco-friendly society. Complete beginners or anyone with little sewing experience can take this class as you will be taught with basic machine sewing skills.
Your instructor is a proficient seamstress & fashion designer who will guide you step-by-step on your projects. The sewing machine will be provided during the class or you can even bring your own.
Choose the number of sessions from 3, 5 or 10 depending on how many projects you'd like to make (the number of projects you can make may vary depending on your age, skill level and the intricacy of each project)
- In 3 sessions you can make 1 or 2 projects
- In 5 sessions you can make 3 or 4 projects
- In 10 sessions you can make 10 to 12 projects
* All materials except fabric/filling are provided. Please bring along some old or new clothes/fabric to use for your clothing innovations
All sessions are valid for 5 months upon booking
14 and older
* The class is available in English & Russian
This class is given at the instructors home at:
Centro Courtyard 3
(villa # will be shared upon booking)