Learn, experience, and have a taste of the rich UAE culture by visiting a traditional Emirati house!
Take this chance to visit an Emirati house, with your host Maitha, who will introduce you to the Emirati hospitality, traditions and history. Once you step in the house, you will be welcomed with homemade Arabic coffee and sweets as you enjoy an intimate conversation about Emirati family life and habits.
Indulge in a sumptuous dinner of local dishes served the traditional way on the floor. You also get to try on some traditional Emirati clothes and learn about Arabic fragrances! You can take photos to document the whole experience. Simple souvenirs will be gifted to you by your generous host.
Older teens & adults (16+) can book the same tour here.
- 6:00 – 7:00 pm – Learn about Emirati hospitality
- 7:00 – 8:00 pm – Free-flowing conversations on Emirati food and family
- 8:00 – 9:00 pm – Learn about Emirati women and Arabic scents; Other general discussions
- 9:00 – 9.30pm – Photo session; Take home souvenirs
How should you prepare for the visit? Please make sure that you come to the Emirati home modestly dressed. Wear clothes that will make you feel comfortable when you sit on the floor for dinner. Prepare in advance any questions you may have about the UAE culture, traditions, and habits.
What are the group requirements? This experience can accommodate 1-10 people per group. Families and individuals of all different ages and genders are welcome. This is intended to be a social occasion so non-family member visitors are welcome to join as well.
About your guide: Maitha is a very active, passionate and qualified tour guide. She is committed to handing down the UAE's legacy, history and traditions to younger generations. Maitha graduated from Zayed University with a Bachelor's Degree in Humanities and Social Sciences, with a specialization in International Affairs. Her number one goal is to make Abu Dhabi the favorite destination for all our visitors.
* Welcome snacks and dinner will be served; Souvenirs will be given after the experience
All sessions are valid for 30 days upon booking
10 - 15 years old
* Tour participants must wear modest clothes, comfortable enough for floor sitting; Dining table can be provided for guests who cannot sit on the floor
* Experience not available for booking during the holy month of Ramadan
At the host's home:
(Maitha will provide the exact location upon booking)
Mohammed Bin Zayed City