Get your kids off gadgets and introduce them to the exciting sport of horse riding!
In this 45-minute class, kids will learn the pre-cautions and basics of horse-riding from well-experienced trainers. Complete beginners will be taught one-on-one by the trainer, while kids with previous horse riding experience will be guided as a group. Protective gear will be provided to make sure your kids are safe during the sessions.
Horse riding offers kids a lot of benefits including a good workout for the mind and body. This active sport also teaches kids self-discipline, patience and focus which will help in their overall well-being. beginners can start with one session to try out the sport and may opt to book 10 or 20 sessions based on their skills and confidence in the sport. The classes can be booked at your kids' convenient dates with early morning and evening schedules available.
For complete beginners:
- We recommend starting with 20 sessions but you can also choose the 10 session package and rebook as many times needed until the learning target is achieved.
- Kids will be taught one-on-one by a trainer to develop skills and confidence in the sport. After understanding their skill level and individual riding goals, the instructor will develop a training plan and select the right horse to start with.
- In general, for beginners the training covers basic principles of riding such as leading the horse, mounting, the correct riding position, walking, trotting, stopping, safely dismounting. Once the basic riding skills are established, they can move into the novice group to ride along with others.
- For beginners choosing the 1 session option - For the first 15 minutes, kids will have a briefing session where the instructor will tell them about safety & riding instructions and the next 30 minutes involves the practical riding session.
For novice riders:
- If kids already have a strong foundation of basic riding skills and are looking to improve their riding techniques like developing the seating and handling skills, how to canter, riding the horse over poles, they can take 10 sessions and re-book more classes if needed.
- Novice riders will be grouped along with students having the similar skill level to build up their skills to ride confidently with other horses and riders. This is a basic skill for those who want to participate in riding activities involving other riders such as competitions, events or even desert trail rides.
For advanced riders:
- Experienced riders can focus on lateral movements and more advanced schooling exercises. Riders are encouraged to ask their instructors if they have any particular area or subject they have questions on or are trying to work on.
- The riding academy will provide helmets to students
- Riders should wear proper pants and footwear with hard-soles
All sessions are valid for 6 months upon booking
4 - 11 years old
- A trial session can be arranged upon request. Contact our toll-free number 800 3337 for more information
Al Sultan Club, Villa #2,
Behind Ministry of Interior
Al Shahama Old