Learn the art of woodworking with this hands-on carpentry class for beginners conducted by specialized experienced instructors in a well-equipped woodworking workshop.
You will learn the fundamentals of woodworking and how to safely operate the core woodshop tools in this Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class. Get practical, hands-on experience using a plethora of woodworking tools and machinery while also being educated on how to use them safely and even how to handle emergencies. Learn to make straight cuts (rip and crosscut), mitered cuts, curved cuts, smooth edges, and drill holes.
Wood-Making Tools You Will Be Using:
- Table saw
- Sliding compound miter saw
- Drill press
- Vertical bandsaw
- Belt and disk sanders
By the end of the session, you will complete building a small wooden floating shelf and finish it as per your taste. This shelf will be yours to take home and show off your newly acquired skill.
- All tools, project materials, safety gear & training materials will be provided
24 hours prior to course start with full refund
12 and older
- Students need to bring their Emirates ID for registration
- Students are required to wear close-toed shoes for safety reasons
- During class, all 12 to 14-year-old students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also enrolled in the class. When using the machines outside of class time, 12 to 14-year-old members must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian who has passed the SBU