Learn how to make a pattern for the body of your outfit from scratch!
For any dress designing, pattern making or pattern drafting is the fundamental step. A pattern is a template which you create with the measurements and then trace onto the fabric for being cut out. After creating the base pattern, you will learn to use them on fabrics to bring your creation to life and give it a stylish finish!
Work under the guidance of a professional who will support and advise you throughout the process in this 6 session private class (each 1/1.5 hours).
What you will learn:
- Measuring body
- Basic pattern and sleeve making
- Cutting, assembling, and sewing final blouse
- Session 1 (Duration: 1.5 hours): Take measurements and make the body pattern.
- Session 2 (Duration: 1 hour): Make basic sleeve, prepare fabric cut out, and prepare collar lining and arms hole.
- Session 3 (Duration: 1 hour): Tracking all lines into the fabric, assembling all pieces, and preparing to sew.
- Session 4 (Duration: 1 hour): Assemble all pieces and preparing to sew the blouse.
- Session 5 (Duration: 1 hour): Installing the zipper and attaching the arm sleeves.
- Session 6 (Duration: 1 hour): Hand-hemming stitches to finish.
Beginner & Intermediate
- Students are required to bring their own materials to class, as per the list below; the instructor will advise on the length of fabrics, lining, interfacing, and where to buy them.
- Alternatively, students can buy the full material kit for this course from the instructor for AED 250.
- Students can either bring their own sewing machine or use the instructor's machine during the class
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
14 and older
Students must bring the following materials:
- 60 cm ruler
- French curve ruler
- Pencil & eraser
- Measurement tape
- Tracking wheel & tracking paper
- Extra: Invisible Zipper
Instructor Home studio:
(Flat # will be shared upon booking)
Park Rotana Residences
Near Khalifa Park