Design a traditional or modern Indian or Pakistani dress that reflects your own personal style. Now you can turn your creative fashion ideas into reality with these sewing and dressmaking lessons!
These 10-hour private lessons (5 sessions x 2 hours) will teach you how to sew your choice of any Indian or Pakistani dress from scratch. The lessons are suitable for beginners with no previous sewing experience.
You can choose 1 of the following options to complete in 5 sessions:
- Anarkali Suit
- Churidar Suit
- Salwar Suit
- Plazo/Pants, Kurtis
- Saree Blouse, Skirts, Tops, Indo-Western dresses
- Dresses for newborn babies
Learn from Shivani, an experienced sewing instructor, who will teach you not only the sewing techniques but also how to develop your creative skills. At the end of the class, you will be confident enough to create dresses for different body figures and features. Classes are available for ladies only.
* Students must bring their own sewing kit (measuring tape, scissors, scale, brown paper roll for drafting, canvas for necklines, pins, hand & machine needles, white & black threads, seam ripper, tracing paper, tracing wheel, notebook, pen, pencil, eraser, glue stick, marking chalk and bobbin)
* Alternatively, students can purchase sewing kit from the instructor for an additional fee of AED 250
* Sewing machine can be provided by the instructor; If available, students are recommended to bring their own sewing machine for quicker learning
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
9 and older
Building No. C-21, Mussafah ME-9