Decoupage or Découpage is the art of decorating an object by gluing colored paper cutouts onto it in combination with special paint effects, gold leaves, and other decorative elements. Commonly, an object like a small box or an item of furniture is covered by cutouts from magazines or from purpose-manufactured papers.
In this 8-hour class (4 sessions x 2 hours), you will learn it all, from preparing the surface of your pieces and all the way to polishing and adding the final touches to create different effects. By the end of the class, you will complete the decoration of two wooden objects and one glass plate. Classes are given in 1-on-1 setting or in a small group if there is a running batch.
- Day One: Preparation of surface, introduction to the materials, application of primer and preparing the layout from cutout newspapers.
- Day Two: Painting the surfaces and adhering the cutout newspapers to design the surface.
- Day Three: Adding special effects with wax paste for shabby chic and crackle medium for a vintage effect.
- Day four: Adding finishing touch with stencils, wax, and antique paste and varinish to finish the product.
All materials will be provided
48 hours prior to course start with full refund
11 and older
* If you wish to book for 2-3 participants together, then please contact us on 8003337 for a special rate
At the instructor's home:
Unit #603, block B
Ariya boutique building