The art of silk painting is one of the most exciting mediums of artistic expression. Silk is a lustrous and supple fabric that reacts beautifully to brilliants dyes and paints. An added advantage to painting on silk is that you can easily create a wearable or a piece of framed art.
Whatever your favorite themes may be, whether animals, flowers, nature or abstract designs, you will be able to experiment with them on this versatile surface in this 12-hour class (4 sessions x 3 hours). You will learn several techniques that will help you add unusual textures to your painting, expressing yourself in new and unique ways. Classes are given in 1-on-1 setting or in a small group if there is a running batch.
- Day One: A brief interactive display of the history of silk painting and examples of work of a few artists and the instructor. This is followed by the assembling of equipment and introduction to materials, cutting and mounting the silk, creating and transferring the design, color mixing and painting an interesting piece.
- Day Two: Adding Texture and creating patterns on the silk painting of 45x45cm and how to enhance your design with block printing and silk screen printing.
- Day Three: Painting a 60x60 cm silk scarf and learning how to draw and paint flowers as well as practicing with shading and blending techniques on a watered surface.
- Day Four: Introducing the no-flow technique for painting without resist lines and painting an abstract landscape.
All materials will be provided
48 hours prior to course start with full refund
11 and older
* If you wish to book for 2-3 participants together, then please contact us on 8003337 for a special rate
At the instructor's home:
Unit #603, block B Ariya boutique building