Want to develop your own distinctive art style, but not sure where to start?
This private, 1-hour class is for you! You'll have the opportunity to learn your favorite art style from your instructor Anamika, a professional artist who specializes in graphite, charcoal, watercolor, acrylic, oil, and mixed media. Choose 1 session to try out the instructor and 8 sessions to learn in-depth techniques and create a variety of paintings.
You have the option to learn any one of the following art styles:
- Acrylic painting: Learn fundamental acrylic painting techniques that you can then apply to any subject matter you choose to paint. It covers a variety of topics, such as materials, brushwork, color mixing, and tonal value. You'll learn different techniques of acrylic painting and be exposed to a wide range of subjects, such as landscapes, abstract, collage, florals, animals, birds, and many more.
- Oil painting: This class will introduce you to oil painting techniques and theories through practice and demonstration. Emphasis is placed on the choice of materials, the depiction of light and shadow, painting techniques, basic color mixing, and composition.
- Sketching: The basic premise behind all beginning-level sketch classes is to provide students with the training necessary to view an object and reconstruct it on paper using basic sketching tools. You will receive full guidance on building shapes, forms, textures, and more in your drawings. In each session, you'll learn something new and build on the previous learnings from the class.
- Intuitive painting: In an intuitive painting class, participants paint in a silent, safe, confidential, and judgment-free space. Here, they are invited to simply be with themselves, much like a meditation. This painting class will give you an avenue for you to express your deepest emotions.
- Abstract painting: Want to paint with more freedom or feeling? Get started with abstract painting! You'll learn how to draw and paint intuitively and encourage you to try new things as a way to experience breakthroughs and encourage you to work quickly. Additionally, you'll learn how to use different tools, mediums, and materials to make unique abstract work.
- Palette knife painting: Add interest and dynamism to your paintings with a palette knife! You will learn the different types of paintings you can do using a knife. The objective is to create a composition from an arrangement of objects with interesting shapes and colors using a palette knife. Emphasis will be on textures. Students wanting to paint landscape may bring their own sketches of houses, trees, flowers, mosques, boats, wind towers, etc. Sketches should be in pencil. With the instructor's help, you can use them to create your final painting. Since the emphasis is on creativity, copying from photographs or pictures is strongly discouraged.
- Students will need the following basic materials for all art styles: Brushes, pencils, eraser, ruler & canvas A4 size. Other materials include:
- Acrylic & abstract painting: Basic acrylic paint
- Oil painting: Oil paint & linseed oil
- Sketching: Pencil (HB, 2B, & 6B), blending tool & a set of color pencils
- Intuitive painting: Any type of paint (acrylic, poster, or watercolor)
- Knife painting: Basic acrylic paint & palette knife
All sessions are valid for 75 days upon booking
14 and older
- Certificate of achievement (available on request)
Al Nahyan Villa Compound
(Villa # will be shared upon booking)