If you have little to no experience working with metal shop tools and you wish you develop an understanding of metal objects creation and practice using the metal-making tools, then this class is for you.
In this Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class, you will learn to use the cutting and shaping tools most commonly needed when working with metal. Get hands-on experience using a plethora of metal-making tools and machines while also being educated on how to use them safely and even how to handle emergencies.
Metal-Making Tools You Will Be Using:
- Vertical band saw
- Horizontal band saw
- Cold saw
- Drill press
- Pedestal grinder
- Disc sander
This class is the perfect companion to the machine shop and welding classes. Contact us to book these more advanced classes upon completing this session.
Create your own metal bottle opener and personalize it the way you prefer. Gift it to friends or use it to brag about your rare skill.
Closed-toed shoes are mandatory
During the class, 12-14-year-old students must be accompanied by a parent/guardian who is also enrolled in the class. When using the machines outside of class time, these kids must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian who has passed the SBU.
* All tools, project materials, safety gear & training materials will be provided
24 hours prior to course start with full refund
12 and older
* Upon completion, students can continue to the next level, please contact us at our toll free number 8003337 to book
* During class, all 12 to 14-year-old students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also enrolled in the class. When using the machines outside of class time, 12 to 14-year-old members must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian who has passed the SBU
* Students need to bring their Emirates ID
* Students are required to wear closed-toed shoes, eye protection, and short sleeves. Long hair must be pulled and tied back, remove all jewelry/accessories, and do not wear gloves