Candles are not only a wonderful home accessory but also one of the most popular decoration items. What many people don't know though is that it's quite easy to create your own candles from home and even make a business out of it. Even for those who don't consider it for business purposes, this crafting art is a wonderful hobby that can enrich your free time and do-it-yourself skills.
Learn all you need to know in only 6 days (6 sessions x 6 hours) from a professional candle maker and receive the required skills and certification to start up your own freelance business or shop. Timings are flexible and you be guided in 1-on-1 sessions through the full process and techniques of candle making and the different kinds of wax and wicks used. You will practice rolling and pouring candles, making your own wax sheets, and carving different gorgeous candle shapes for certain occasions, themes, and styles, while experimenting with colors, fragrances, and additives.
Don't miss out on this unique opportunity and take your first steps towards a new business or hobby!
What you will learn:
- Preparing the base candle to type and specification of wax to be used
- Ideal pouring temperature
- Wick type and size to be used on each candle size
- How to make the base using different types of molds
- Candle dipping techniques and how to build the colors and mix them in order to achieve a wide range of color shades from basic colors
- Carving techniques and cuts (chance to carve 15 different designs in different sizes with small, medium and large)
- Student will learn how to personalize candles and add that unique touch
All materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 4 months upon booking
18 and older
* Students will receive a certificate at the end of this course
Al Seef Village Mall, Basement floor
Al Salam Street, off Sheikh Zayed Road