Are you curious how candles of any type and form are created and would you like to craft your very own mold and candle in the shape of your favorite object?
In this 2-day hands-on workshop, you will learn from a professional craftsman the basics of molding and wax casting and take home your individual candle including the mold form allowing you to reproduce the same candle again and again on your own. Your instructor will guide you which materials you can use for your future creations and where to get them.
All you need to attend this workshop is your motivation and an item of your choice which can be used to create the mold for the candle.
What you will learn:
- Day 1 (2.5 hours):
- Different materials you can use for mold making
- Proper use of sealers and release agents
- The wonderful variety of mold configurations - Anticipating problems and Avoiding disaster
- Mixing and pouring like an expert
- Different techniques of making pourable molds
- Day 2 (2.5 hours):
- You will learn how to unmold the masterpiece and how to cut the mold and prepare it for casting
- You will cast wax in the mold to make a candle and then unmold it
All materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 4 months upon booking
16 and older
* Bring an item which you would like to use to craft your very own mold and candle
* Item specifications: Any materials or shapes. The size should range from small to medium
Al Seef Village Mall, Basement floor
Al Salam Street, off Sheikh Zayed Road