If writing is in your blood and you have a story in mind that you would wish to publish but have no clue where to start, then you just got lucky. Renowned writer Ahmed Alomari, author of 15 published titles, will teach you how to think like a novelist and bring your creativity out onto books that will b enjoyed by readers.
In 7 sessions x 2 hours, you will get introduced to the Arabic writing style of several novelists and learn the various crafts of writing a novel.
- Session one: Know & Own Your Voice
- Why do you want to write?
- Target audience and why?
- What do you want to say to your target?
- Why do you read?
- Does it work if you don’t have a talent?
- Why some talented people never make it?
- What is your personality type?
- How does that influence your writing?
- Session two: Capture The Reader
- How to get your reader attention?
- The Title.
- The Beginning.
- The First sentence.
- How to capture the reader's heart
- How to get grab the attention of a reader
- Samples of Arabic literature, reflecting on the above points.
- Samples of participants’ writings and getting them improved by the above points.
- Assignment on a specific character that each participant should write his own story/ view of.
- Session three: Meet the Masters (part 1)
- Analysis of Great novels and storyboarding them: Virginia Woolf, Hemingway, Kundera, and Marquise
- Session four: Meet the Masters (part 2)
- Mahfouz, Ghada Samman, Kanafani, Radwa Ashour, M. H. Alwan, Inaam Kachachi
- Session five: Explore the Anatomy of Short Stories
- Maupassant, Chekhov, Summerset Maughm, Youssif Idrees, Ihsan Abdulqudoos
- Session 6: Get Online- Social Media Literature.
- How Did Social media change Literature?
- The literature of “Quotes”?
- “Fast Food” Literature and how can we benefit from it? Samples: Ahlam Mastaghanmi, Adham Il Alsharaqawi, Deek Il jinn.
- Session 7: Evaluation
- During these classes, every participant should start a story, and we will work through building the characters and improving the structure of the story. Each version of the story will remain so the participant can see for himself how the course matured his talent.
* Bring a pen & a notepad
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
12 and older
* Classes can be taken at these locations:
Option 1: Instructor's home studio at Dana Tower, Majaz 3
Option 2: At your own premise anywhere in