Introduce your kids to the instrument that forms the basis of jazz and various other genres - the saxophone!
The saxophone is a type of single-reed woodwind instrument with a conical body, usually made of brass. As with all single-reed instruments, the sound is produced when a reed on a mouthpiece vibrates to produce a sound wave inside the instrument's body.
In this 1.5-hour, private lesson, they'll learn how to play the saxophone methodically and effectively. They'll blow their way to acquiring the skills for this popular instrument! Beginners will learn the basics and how to practice their skills. Intermediate to advanced learners will explore advanced skills, improvise their music and refine their existing skills.
Choose between 1, 3 and 6 sessions. These lessons can be customized according to your kids' goals and rebooked as many times as required.
What they will learn:
- How to hold the saxophone
- Practice their embouchure (placement of the mouth on the mouthpiece)
- Briefing of the tone exerted (the unprocessed sound you make when a person blow into the saxophone)
- Fingerings (which keys to close with their fingers when they play the saxophone)
- Familiarize themselves with the basic major scales
- Explore the C & G major scale
- Practice their first songs
- Explore the Bb major scale
- Practice major scale & major chord exercises
- How to improve their tone
- How to use vibrato
- Practice songs such as Green Sleeves, Amazing Grace, Can’t Help Falling in Love, Over the Rainbow and more
- Students should have their own saxophone
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
6 - 17 years old
- A participation certificate will be provided after completion of sessions
At Your Premise