Looking for a new skill? Master something useful and creative with dress pattern-making lessons!
This at-home 8-hour course (4 sessions x 2 hours) is perfect for beginners wishing to learn how to make patterns that fit perfectly for any body shape and size. You will learn about using the techniques of pattern making, also known as pattern drafting, in fashion design, to create patterns that will then be used to cut fabric and ultimately be sewn into garments. Be amazed at how accurate pattern making can enhance your body shape and figure!
What you will learn:
- Methods of Pattern Making and Tools for Pattern Making
- Understanding body shapes and learning which blocks & styles enhance them
- Steps of Garment Construction
- Drafting Blocks
- Working with fabric grain and Basic Hand Stitches
- Developing your own designs on the correct block, and preparing them for assembly
- Practicing on basic sewing and garment assembly/makeup, with instructions in simple and easy to understand rich animations
Course Validity is 45 days.
Beginner & Intermediate
Students must have the following equipment and materials at their premises (The instructor can guide on where to purchase after booking):
- Clear plastic ruler
- French curve tool
- L square Ruler
- Transparent ruler
- Styling curve ruler
- Scotch tape
- Tape measure
- Oaktag paper
All sessions are valid for 45 days upon booking
18 and older
At Your Premise