From Tansen to Ustad Zakir Hussain, the art of classical singing is being practiced in the Indian subcontinent since ages! This music form is popular, not only as a form of entertainment but also as a means of expanding your vocal horizons!
Come join Manaal in this private 1-on-1 class where you can choose to learn Indian classical singing OR western singing.
Manaal, brings along 11 years of rigorous training in both eastern and western classical music. Her training in both disciplines has provided her with sound knowledge and a deep aesthetic sense of the subject. She has vast experience in preparing school ensembles ranging from students of different skill levels and age groups.
Course outline for beginners in Hindustani classical singing:
- The 10 thaats including raagas (singing style)
- Rhythm patterns including teen Taal (16 beats)
- Jhap Taal (10 beats)
- Qeherwa ( 4 beats)
- Singing in 2 variations starting with warm-up exercises, breathing techniques including 2 styles: Khayal and thumri (one piece in each style using one rhythm form)
- Basic eastern theory terminologies and its implementation.
Course outline for beginners in western singing rock and pop style:
- Pop Vocal style including breathing techniques
- Songs by important singers covered in Trinity Syllabus like Whitney Houston, Nina Simone, and Leona Lewis will be covered.
- Modern singing using improvisation with basic theoretical aspects and it's implementation.
- Vocalizing using warm-up drills.
Train your vocals, sing your heart and most importantly have fun while you learn how to use your voice as an instrument!
All materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
6 and older
Al Baker Tower 2
Apartment # will be shared upon booking,
Behind Ansar Mall,