Learn how to design and make your kids' clothes with this comprehensive class which will teach you from the basics and all the way to all the advanced techniques that you should be aware of to make complete garments for your little ones or pursue a career in sewing or fashion design.
Experienced dressmaker Sara will teach you in 12 hours (20 sessions x 2 hours) following a hands-on approach. This private course is designed for beginners with little or no sewing experience aspiring to develop a solid understanding of fashion design and sewing.
During the course you will complete all of the garments below:
- Body Frock
- Yolk frock
- Amberalla Frock
You will learn the following different sewing and designing techniques:
- How to use the sewing machine (Threading and handling other issues)
- How to take measurements for different garments
- How to make draft of a garment
- How to cut pattern of a garment
- How to cut garment according to pattern
- How to stitch garments(step by step instructions)
- Insert zip & button
- To make raffles, firlls
- To making bias piping, cord piping
- Bow making
- Applique designing
- Use of different machine embroidery stitches
* All tools will be provided during class. You can optionally buy the fabric from the instructor for a total fee of AED 150 for all 4 pieces. Otherwise, you can bring your own cotton fabric. The instructor will advise you on how much you need and where to get in the first session.
All sessions are valid for 4 months upon booking
9 and older
At the instructor home studio near Kuwaiti roundabout