Do you always wish you can use your free time and your amazing sense of style and fashion to create garments for yourself and your family? Or maybe you are taking your first steps towards becoming a professional dressmaker or fashion designer. Then you shouldn't miss this course.
In this private 12-hour course (6 sessions x 2 hours), professional tailor Sara will guide you on grasping the sewing techniques and garment construction skills in a hands-on approach. This course is designed for beginners with little or no sewing experience aspiring to develop a solid understanding of fashion design and sewing.
During the course you will complete 1 of the ladies' dresses below:
- Pakistani Shalwar Qameez
- Indian Churidar
- Western Top & Bottom
Garment selection can be also customized to your personal preferences and current skill level.
- How to Use Machine (Threading and Handling other Issues)
- How to take Measurements for a Dress
- How to Make Draft of a Dress
- How to Cut Pattern of a Dress
- How to Cut Dress according to Pattern
- How to stitch a Dress (step by step instructions)
* All tools will be provided during class. You can optionally buy the fabric from the instructor for a total fee of AED 40. Otherwise, you can bring your own cotton fabric. The instructor will advise you on how much you need and where to get in the first session.
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
9 and older
Emirates Cluster, Building # 15
Apt no. will be shared upon booking
Dubai International City