If you are really into tailoring and fashion design but have no previous experience and you wish to come a long way with just one course, then you have come to the right place!
Experienced dressmaker Sara will teach you in a private 30-hour course (15 sessions x 2 hours) right from the basics and all the way to the advanced techniques that you should be aware of to make complete garments on your own or pursue a career in sewing or fashion design. This course is designed for beginners with little or no sewing experience aspiring to develop a solid understanding of fashion design and sewing and instruction is all hands-on.
During the course you will complete all of the garments below:
- A complete Ladies Dress (Pakistani Shalwar Qameez or Indian Churidar or Western Top & Bottom)
- Churidar (Fitting Pajama) or Trousers or Pattiala shalwar
- Sari Blouse
- Baby Frock
Garment selection can be also customized to your personal preferences and current skill level.
- How to Use Machine (Threading and Handling other Issues)
- How to take Measurements for Dress
- How to Make Draft of different Dresses
- How to Cut Pattern of different Dresses
- How to Cut Dresses according to Pattern
- How to stitch Dresses (step by step instructions)
- How to put Dart / Plates for fitting in a Dress
- How to insert Zip in a Dress and Blouse
- Designing of Baby Frock
* All tools will be provided during class. You can optionally buy the fabric from the instructor for a total fee of AED 150 for all 4 pieces. Otherwise, you can bring your own cotton fabric. The instructor will advise you on how much you need and where to get in the first session.
All sessions are valid for 6 months upon booking
9 and older
Emirates Cluster, Building # 15
Apt no. will be shared upon booking
Dubai International City