If you are really into tailoring and fashion design but have no previous experience and you wish to come a long way with just one course, then you have come to the right place!
Experienced dressmaker Sara will teach you in a private 30-hour course (15 sessions x 2 hours) right from the basics and all the way to the advanced techniques that you should be aware of to make complete garments on your own or pursue a career in sewing or fashion design. This course is designed for beginners with little or no sewing experience aspiring to develop a solid understanding of fashion design and sewing and instruction is all hands-on.
During the course you will complete all of the garments below:
- A complete Ladies Dress (Pakistani Shalwar Qameez or Indian Churidar or Western Top & Bottom)
- Churidar (Fitting Pajama) or Trousers or Pattiala shalwar
- Sari Blouse
- Baby Frock
Garment selection can be also customized to your personal preferences and current skill level.
- How to Use Machine (Threading and Handling other Issues)
- How to take Measurements for Dress
- How to Make Draft of different Dresses
- How to Cut Pattern of different Dresses
- How to Cut Dresses according to Pattern
- How to stitch Dresses (step by step instructions)
- How to put Dart / Plates for fitting in a Dress
- How to insert Zip in a Dress and Blouse
- Designing of Baby Frock
* All tools will be provided during class. You can optionally buy the fabric from the instructor for a total fee of AED 150 for all 4 pieces. Otherwise, you can bring your own cotton fabric. The instructor will advise you on how much you need and where to get in the first session.
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
9 and older
At the instructor home studio near Kuwaiti roundabout