The oud is one of the most versatile and beloved instruments in Western Asian and North African culture. This amazing piece of musical equipment has the ability to transform a boring gathering with friends into an entertaining night full of singing. You could be the one who causes all the joy after you take this hands-on oud course to help you learn the basics. Each class takes 1.5 hours and you can choose one of the 5 packages offered.
Over the course of 12 hours (8 sessions x 1.5 hours) you will learn the following, but you can also rebook anytime again for extended practice and learning.
You will learn:
- How to hold Oud properly including the right posturing for correct sound production
- To use different plectrums (risha, mizrap) for strumming patterns
- How to play basic Arabic scales (major and minor scales)
- Improvisations and phrasing exercises
- Rhythmic patterns
- How to play melodies
Book today and learn your favorite instrument in no time.
* Students need to purchase their own instrument. Purchase recommendations can be given by the instructor
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
12 and older
At Your Premise