Horse riding - also referred as horseback riding - is a wonderful sport no matter what your age or ability - and it’s never too early or late to start! This 10 lessons (each 45 min.) horse riding program with a personal trainer has been specifically designed for complete beginners who want to learn horseback riding and enjoy recreational riding. You will learn at your own pace and you will not be asked to do anything you’re not comfortable with but after a few lessons, you will be amazed by your progress.
All horse trainers and instructors are certified professionals with several years of experience with all types of horses and riders. Their goal is to ensure that each student develops confidence and a strong equestrian foundation through the use of safe and sound training techniques. Your instructor will also help you to select the right horse for you and teach you how horses think, how to interpret their body language and what gear and clothes to use when riding.
The skills you will learn with this beginner horseback riding program are the fundamentals of the sport. Whether you continue with your riding or stop at this level, the skills you learn are vital.
- Mounting: In order to ride a horse, you have to know how to get on a horse. Your instructor will show and teach you the correct and safe way to mount and dismount a horse.
- Balance and Control: Once you’re on the horse, the next skill you’ll learn is developing your balance and harmony with the horse is learning how to “post.” Posting is the motion that allows you to get off of the horse’s back and move in harmony with him while he’s trotting.
- Stopping and Steering: Once you’ve developed your balance, you’ll then be taught to stop and steer the horse. Stopping and steering are essentials to correct and safe riding.
- The Aids: Once you’ve developed your seat and have learned to stop and steer, you’ll learn how to ask the horse to walk, trot, canter, and halt.
After completing the beginner program, you can continue with private lessons with a fully customizable training plan.
* The Riding Academy will provide helmets to students
* For the full program, riders should wear proper pants and footwear – a hard-soled boot with a minimum ½” heel and a maximum 2” heel (your instructor will guide you with where and what to buy)
7 and older
Al Jumooh Stable