Introduce yourself to the world of coffee! The program gives holistic knowledge from bean to cup, teaches the fundamental skills required to produce a range of espresso coffees, latte art, a variety of tea drinks & cocktails to the highest standards.
Gain comprehensive training and education in barista skills for aspiring entrepreneurs, such as understanding the history and quality of coffee beans to customer service & coffee shop management. Participants will acquire sufficient knowledge and confidence to enter the Barista business.
This course is given in association with the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) and aims to help promote quality coffee training and knowledge among all coffee consumers and enthusiasts alike through an independent quality educational & training platform.
Whom is this course for?
This accredited course is designed not only for the aspiring barista professionals & entrepreneurs but also for coffee enthusiasts and home baristas to achieve the best results. No previous experience required!
Participants will acquire sufficient knowledge and confidence necessary to enter the Barista & Beverage service operations and also get certified with an IVQ Level 2 Award in Barista Skills (7102-52) from City & Guilds, London.
With 25 hours of theory & practical classes delivered over 5 days (5 sessions x 5 hours), and comprehensive training in barista skills that range from the history of the coffee bean to coffee shop management, perfect the art of coffee making.
- History, Varieties, Characteristics & Processing methods
- Why Barista? The 4-3-2-1 Theory
- Setups and Operational Work Flow
- Professional Equipment and Ingredients
- Green Beans - Grading & Storage
- Roasting Basics - Effect of Roasting on Flavor
- Sensory Evaluation - Aroma / Taste / Flavor
- Cupping Protocol - Coffee Traits
- Producing and Monitoring Quality Espresso
- Grinding / Leveling / Tamping / Visual Evaluation
- Extraction Theory - Different Brewing Methods
- Different Coffee Based Beverages
- New Trends in Coffee Based Beverages
- Latte Art and Drawing Techniques
- Hygiene, Handling of Equipment, Cleaning, and Maintenance
- The Coffee Shop - Elements for a Successful Business
Certificate and Accreditation:
Accredited by City & Guilds, London and in association with the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA), ICCA is an Approved Centre, to deliver the International Award in Barista Skills, IVQ Level 2 (7102 - 52). Certificate of completion is awarded to those who attend at least 80% of the course and pass the final exam. City & Guilds Certificate will be provided 6 to 8 weeks after course completion.
About the Instructor:
Saeed Abdinasab is a highly accomplished coffee coach and Champion Barista, with over a decade of experience in the field. He has been certified by the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) and the Coffee Quality Institute (CQI).
* All equipment, ingredients, protective gear and course materials are provided for the training.
48 hours prior to course start with full refund
16 and older
* International Award in Barista Skills, IVQ Level 2 (7102 - 52) from ICCA is awarded to those who attend at least 80% of the course and pass the final exam. City & Guilds Certificate will be provided 6 to 8 weeks after course completion.
Block 8, First Floor