Wish you could do slick guitar riffs like a rockstar? Or would you love to learn the classical plucking technique on the acoustic guitar? If yes, then you've come to the right place!
In this private guitar class, you will be trained by experienced instructors who will guide you through 1 of 3 properly graded training programs depending on your age and skill level. The programs cover the fundamentals of guitar playing and all the way to helping you improvise and compose simple music pieces.
You will be able to practice your skills even more by playing different repertoires and participating in different musical experiences such as concerts, master classes, recitals and performance appraisals. This will also help develop your confidence and self-expression. Choose to book 8 sessions to learn the basics of 16 sessions to practice the techniques and play a simple song on your own.
Classes can be rebooked as many times as possible until you achieve your desired level of proficiency.
- Guitar Introductory Program (8+ years)
All beginner students, whether kids or adults, must start with this program. This is a simplified method of teaching the guitar, its literature as well as the music theory, history, and applications. You will play short guitar pieces using basic chords (strummed or plucked), and simple guitar melodies (excerpts) with correct rhythm and interpretation. Upon completion of this level, you will have the choice to learn either classical or contemporary guitar playing.
- Classical Guitar Program (9+ years)
This program is suited for all kinds of guitarists, beginners to advanced, who want to learn the classical style of guitar playing or to improve their playing techniques. The lessons are developed and paced according to your learning ability. You will progress in a step-by-step stage using a methodical syllabus with interesting guitar pieces arranged for solo and duet. The program includes guitar theory, right- and left-hand techniques, sight reading, music analysis and interpretation as well as the art of accompaniment.
- Contemporary Guitar Program (9+ years)
This program will teach you various styles of guitar playing, including rock, pop, folk, blues, country and some jazz music. The main emphasis of instruction is the "learning by imitation" method. This method is then supplemented by standard sheet music, tablatures, audio and other media. You will learn different guitar playing techniques like bending, harmonics, hammering, etc. You will also learn the guitar theory, standard notation and tablature reading, strumming patterns, chords, and improvisation.
* Guitars will only be provided by the institute for students to practice in the first session. Students will need to bring their own guitars on the succeeding sessions.
* Guitar purchasing recommendations will be provided by the instructor
* Your instructor will recommend the materials needed for the theoretical study: a set of 3 books for AED 125-150
All sessions are valid for 4 months upon booking
8 and older
* Students with previous experience will be assessed by the instructor to determine the appropriate program
* Students can choose the classical or the contemporary programs or they can learn both
* All the programs are conducted in accordance with the Trinity College London Syllabus
* After a preliminary assessment by the instructor, students have the option to take the qualifying guitar examinations of London Trinity College
* The instructor will explain the requirements for examinations
Jumeirah Plaza, Shop #26
Jumeirah Beach Road