You don't need fancy equipment to create a compelling short film or vlog. Learn how to create stories and capture your favorite moments through videos and films with nothing else than your smartphone (or any other video recording device), laptop and passion for video creation.
You will be working directly (1-on-1) with award-winning filmmaker Fadi Hindash who will share with you all his knowledge and insights and teach you how to create a low-to-no budget 2-5 minutes short film. The course will cover everything from writing a compelling script to shooting from the best angles and ending up with editing the film using iMovie or Final Cut Pro specialized movie-editing software applications (easily downloadable software).
This course is also useful for entrepreneurs and craftsmen who want to showcase their brands and services through videos and films, sharing through social media platforms like Instagram, Youtube and Facebook to captivate their audience.
- Session 1: Overview of the standard practices of short filmmaking including writing, shooting & editing with a specific focus on the art of making a short film with little to no money. The session includes brainstorming ideas for each student's film.
- Session 2: Storytelling and how to write a compelling script for filmmaking
- Session 3: Finalizing the script & picking a location.
- Session 4: Preparing a shot list
- Session 5: On location shoot - Part I
- Session 6: On location shoot - Part II
- Session 7: Editing the films using either iMovie or Final Cut Pro which are easily downloadable software. The outcome will be the rough cut of the film.
- Session 8: Polishing the edit. The outcome is a final 2-5 minutes short film.
* Students are required to bring their own smartphones to shoot
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
16 and older
At Your Premise