Make art, not war, with personal knife painting and calligraphy!
The palette knife is not just a tool for mixing paint on your palette - its used to create some pretty stunning effects in your paintings that are inaccessible through a brush! Some artists only paint using the palette knife. In these private 2-hour lessons, renowned artist and calligrapher Habib will equip you with the skills and knowledge to become a proficient artist, from your initial outline to the final touches. You can choose between 1, 10 or 20 sessions, and rebook as often as needed reach your desired goals.
Beginners are recommended to choose the 10 session package while students with previous experience in Arabic calligraphy choose the 20 session package. It is also recommended to take Arabic Calligraphy Lessons course beforehand to provide a solid foundation.
- A short review on how to implement calligraphy
- Mixing flesh tones in oils
- How to add monotone and multi-color strokes
- How to use a stretch rubber Qalam (dip pen)
- How to decorate the painting
About the Instructor:
Habib ur Rehman is one of the most celebrated calligraphers in Karachi and one of the most versatile. He graduated with a Fine Arts Diploma from Mehran Institute of Arts & Crafts and has over a decade of experience as an artist, along with a variety of careers as a creative graphics designer and physics lecturer. His collective experience represents 12+ years of work.
- Students must bring Oil Colors, Pallet Knife, Scraper, Canvas, Gloves and Cleaning Cloths. The instructor will inform you where to purchase them upon booking
All sessions are valid for 6 months upon booking
18 and older
- A participation certificate will be provided after the completion of the course
At Your Premise
within the following areas:
Al Karama, Bur Dubai, Deira, Al Rigga, Business Bay, Al Barsha, Barsha Heights, Internet City, Jumeriah Lake Towers, Discovery Gardens, Dubai Marina, JBR