Learn how to effectively communicate using the official language of UAE and gain that advantage in your career and personal advancement.
In this 30-hour beginner’s course, you will learn the structure of the Arabic language in writing, reading, and pronunciation to have a full grasp of its meaning. Although it is a complex language to learn, this course is designed in a way that even learners with no Arabic background can easily understand. Upon completion of the course, you will be able to speak and understand basic Arabic sentences which can be enhanced with further practice. Classes are delivered in small groups but can also be given as 1-on-1 depending on the instructor and participant’s availability.
Who should attend:
Beginners who want to learn the language to achieve efficiency in communication in the workplace or even those who want to learn the Arabic text for religious understanding (Islam) are welcome to join. There are no pre-requisites or special education needed to enroll in this course.
- History: Pre-Islamic Arabic and Arabic language, Pre-Islamic poetry and early Islamic literature, The Islamic conquests and Arabic language, Modern era
- Classical, Modern Stand History: Pre-Islamic Arabic and Arabic language, Pre-Islamic poetry and early Islamic literature
- Language and dialect: The Islamic conquests and Arabic language and spoken Arabic
- Influence of Arabic on other languages
- Influence of other languages on Arabic
- Arabic alphabet and nationalism
- Arabic and Islam
- External history
- Internal history: Phonological history
- Dialects and descendants: Examples, Koine, Dialect groups
- Phonology: Literary Arabic (Vowels, Consonants, Syllable structure, Stress), Levels of pronunciation (Informal short pronunciation, Formal short pronunciation, Full pronunciation with pause, Full pronunciation), Colloquial varieties (Vowels, Consonants)
- Grammar: Literary Arabic (Nouns and adjectives, Verbs, Derivation, Colloquial varieties)
- Writing system: Calligraphy, Romanization, Numerals
- Language-standards regulators
- Arabic as a foreign language
All materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 4 months upon booking
12 and older
* A certificate of completion accredited by MOE & ACTVET will be provided by the institute.
Al Omaira Building (Baskin Robbins Building), Suite #102
Hamdan Street opposite Al Salama Hospital