Beauty therapists are responsible for enhancing their clients' physical appearance as well as giving them a little boost of confidence.
The basic criteria to become a beauty therapist are to understand the basics of skincare. You need the expertise to provide basic services such as waxing, bleaching, threading, facials, and cleanups. You also need to have creative, communication, interpersonal, presentation skills, and stamina to withstand the long hours.
In this private, 40-hour course (20 sessions x 2 hours), you will learn the major topics of beauty therapy, including cleaning face, bleaching, facials, waxing, and threading. Here, you will attain the skills and practical knowledge to work as a professional beauty therapist.
- Skin anatomy & physiology
- The focus of this skin anatomy, physiology, and assessment course is to teach about the structures and functions of the skin and its associated assessment
- Understanding the fundamental structures and functions of the skin as well as common assessment techniques
- Skin analysis
- Learn the importance of determining how to correctly identify the various skin types and the proper approaches for different skin needs
- Health & safety
- Learn the proper procedure of health and safety requirements according to the guidelines of the Health Care Authority
- Cleaning and sterilizing the types of equipment the right way
- Facial product knowledge
- In some cases, using a product the wrong way can damage the skin. Since there are specific products for every skin type, it's essential to know the ingredients of the products and use the right one
- Facial massage movements
- A broad range of facial techniques can be utilized to optimize facial treatment results when dealing with varying skin types
- Skin types covered include sagging, thick, dull, and devitalized skin and sensitive telangiectasia and cystic acne skin
- Steps of facial: Stroking up from the chin, stroking out over the forehead, stroking around the eyes, and stroking under the cheekbones
All materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
16 and older
* The student will receive an ACTVET-accredited certificate upon completion of the course
M-2 Bistro Lounge Cafe & Restaurant Building - Opposite Kings Shawarma