Go out of the ordinary by learning unique string instruments that will definitely ‘wow’ your audience! Learn from talented and well-versed musician, Dominic, who will nurture you and help you progress in your music journey.
These 1-on-1 string instrument classes are tailor-made to suit your learning needs and requirements. Choose to learn any of the following instruments:
You will become fully familiar with your chosen instrument and its distinct use, understand music theory, and learn to play different music pieces. Classes take 1 hour per session and can be taken either at the instructor's home studio or at your own premise.
For beginners, it is recommended to take 8 sessions to learn the full program, while those with basic knowledge of the instruments (or similar) can take 4 sessions. Lessons follow an international syllabus and can be taken in preparation for exam boards in the Associated Board of The Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM), London College of Music (LCM), and the Trinity College London.
- Parts of the instrument
- Mechanism of the instrument
- Correct posture and handling
- Reading and playing notes/accidentals
- Writing notes recognizing intervals
- Scales and arpeggios/chords/inversions
- Aural tests and awareness
- Sight reading (reading something new everyday)
- Sol-fa and technical names
- Right- and left-hand coordination
- Brief history of music
- Simple accompaniment techniques
About the Instructor: Dominic Daniel is an experienced, qualified and talented music tutor from India with over 20 years of experience. He has a double diploma in music and has been trained in London for a couple of years. He makes music fun and gives importance to the theory of music, listening skills, sight reading, and improvisation.
Beginner & Intermediate
* For at-home lessons, students must have their own ukulele/cello/mandolin; for lessons at the instructor's home, the instrument will be provided
* Instructor will give recommendations on the right instrument to buy
* Music books & photocopies of study materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
5 and older
1) The instructor's home studio at:
Firdous Street, Al Saada Tower, #1001
Opposite Vision Hotel, Al Zahiyah
2) Your own premise within or around the areas of:
a) Mangrove Village
b) Sas Al Nakheel