Acrylic and mixed media painting is a fun exploration of the many different ways you can mix paint with other materials to create an exciting range of artwork. It’s not for only beginners but also for those who want to expand their repertoire of knowledge and skills.
In this 8-hour class (4 sessions x 2 hours), you will learn a sheer number of techniques including drawing, painting, layering, collaging, texturizing, sgraffito, monoprinting, rubbing and many more. You will be encouraged to step out of the box and move beyond the concepts and guided by an expert artist while applying the paint to canvas, trying new things, exploring new combinations and experimenting with new techniques.
Classes are given in 1-on-1 setting or in a small group if there is a running batch.
- Day one: Painting with acrylics, India ink, and water media, creating a landscape with water, mountains tree trunks and land with newspaper collage.
- Day two: Painting a flower still life using negative painting technique on a visually textured background created with acrylic pouring method and getting inspiration from zen tangle pattern for the design while adding details with markers and pens.
- Day Three: Abstract mixed media textured art, combining corrugated cardboard, textured mediums and 3D found objects to create a layered abstract art.
- Day Four: Paint faces using oil pastels, watercolors, and white gouache and color pencils over an old book page.
All materials will be provided
48 hours prior to course start with full refund
11 and older
* If you wish to book for 2-3 participants together, then please contact us on 8003337 for a special rate
* A Saturday-only class can be arranged
At the instructor's home:
Unit #603, block B Ariya boutique building