India is a treasure trove of traditional art forms which have evolved over the years. If you are an art lover who wants to explore your artistic potential, these courses will offer you the most authentic experience of learning several Indian art forms.
Under the creative guidance of a very talented artist, Minal, all art lessons are offered with step-by-step instruction for beginners, covering all the fundamentals you need to create your own masterpieces. You can choose to learn any of the two Indian Art categories below. Be sure to select the right number of sessions upon booking.
1. Indian Folk Art Paintings
Come and explore the artist within you with traditional Indian art. Book 2 sessions to learn 1 style or 6 sessions to learn 3 styles. You will be able to choose from these Indian folk art forms:
- Madhubani Painting
- Gond Art
- Warli Painting
- Kerala Mural Paintings
- Phad Painting
2. Mandala, Zentangle & Dot Painting
This art also serves as a therapeutic exercise to bring happiness, relaxation, healing, and stress reduction while also developing a new favorite hobby. Learn the technique of creating repetitive patterns to compose beautiful artwork. Book 2 sessions to learn 1 style or 6 sessions to learn all 3 styles. You will be able to choose from the different art forms below:
- Zentangle - a form of ink drawing with structured, repetitive patterns creating beautiful images.
- Mandala - a traditional form of art associated with meditation and spirituality from ancient times. It’s typically a circular form of drawing, which symbolizes wisdom while meditating.
- Dot Painting - a style of Aboriginal art that makes extensive use of dots of colors and creates an absolutely beautiful work of art
* Art materials will be provided for use in the class; students are recommended to bring art aprons
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
6 and older
* Boys and girls under the age of 10 can be accompanied by their moms during the sessions (boys can attend the session if they are 10 years or below)
At the Instructor's Home:
Gate 24, Yasmina