They say, “your band is only as good as your drummer”. So, if you dream of being in a great band, you’ve got to get your beats sleek and on-point!
These 1-on-1 drum lessons are perfect if you want to start with the ABCs of percussion playing or if you’ve already tried hitting some beats before. Lessons include getting familiar with your instrument, drum notation, and of course some drum playing drills with music accompaniment. Each session takes 1 hour and can be taken either at the instructor's home studio or at your own premise.
It is recommended for beginners to take 8 sessions to learn the program from the basics; the 4 sessions are best for intermediate learners who wish to enhance their skills and explore playing different music genres. Lessons follow an international syllabus and can be taken in preparation for exam boards in the Associated Board of The Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM), London College of Music (LCM), and the Trinity College London.
- Parts of the instrument
- Mechanism of the instrument
- Correct posture and handling
- Writing notes recognizing intervals
- Aural tests and awareness
- Sight reading (reading something new everyday)
- Hands and feet coordination
- Brief history of music
- Simple accompaniment techniques
- Popular songs
About the Instructor: Dominic Daniel is an experienced, qualified and talented music tutor from India with over 20 years of experience. He has a double diploma in music and has been trained in London for a couple of years. He makes music fun and gives importance to the theory of music, listening skills, sight reading, and improvisation.
Beginner & Intermediate
* For at-home lessons, students must have their own acoustic or electronic drums; for lessons at the instructor's home, a drum kit will be provided
* Instructor will give recommendations on the right instrument to buy
* Music books & photocopies of study materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 75 days upon booking
5 and older
1) The instructor's home studio at:
Firdous Street, Al Saada Tower, #1001
Opposite Vision Hotel, Al Zahiyah
2) Your own premise within or around the areas of:
a) Mangrove Village
b) Sas Al Nakheel